He also knows what it's like to be wrong and how the many things we have all held as sacred truths, so often, simply just are not. And once you find a truth to be not, suddenly many of the other truths are up for grabs. What else are we wrong about of which we were sure we were right?
Here also are Mike's "Seven Dirty Habits," each gleaned from a worker he met on the show, and bolstered by true stories of personal enlightenment and lingering humiliation.
Oh, by the way, if you want to see the Dirty Jobs episode that Mike talks about in the video above where they castrate the sheep, CLICK HERE. Baaaaa.
- Never follow your passion, but by all means bring it with you.
- Beware of teamwork.
- Vomit proudly and whenever necessary.
- Be careful, but don't be fooled--safety is never first.
- Think about what you are doing--never how.
- Ignore advice such as "Work smart, not hard." It's dangerous--and moronic.
- Consider quitting.